Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Day 1 Analysis!

Heyo peepz! Okay I'm supposed to do this pt about food..interesting haha(: I totally forgot about this during the holidays -.- too busy with CSI): bleh. but anyway. I'm starting! And yes, the deadline's this thursday..stop staring at me..

This is what I ate today! :D

Time
Food
Quantity
6.15am
peanut butter bread
2 slices
10 am
nuggets from East and West stall
3
2.45pm
rice with scrambled egg and a chicken drumstick (the dark soy sauce kind!)
1 plate
4.45pm
chocolate rolls
2
7pm
with chicken (pre-packed type) and leek
1 plate

Look what I found for my intake of peanut butter bread
-71% calories from fats
-14% calories from carbohydrates
-15% calories from protein
Peanut Butter Calories Here's a pic for easy reference!

NOW THAT'S BADD. 71% calories of fats just from peanut butter alone! Really really unhealthy! I used to think that peanut butter was healthy, because there were peanuts inside ._. Well, now I know better/: at least I still get carbohydrates and protein from peanut butter though! But of course I shall try to reduce the amount of peanut butter I consume ><

I tried to research on what nuggets contain..(obviously they contain meat -.-) but I can't find anything!! So let's move on..

Rice! Full of carbohydrates, what I need to consume plenty (but not too much of) so that I can have energy hohoho! Researched on benefits of carbo!

1. Certain carbs benefit digestion by providing nutrients for healthy bacteria in the gut. In addition, carbs may benefit calcium levels by increasing calcium absorption from food.
2. The availability of carbohydrate energy prevents the body from breaking down muscle tissue for fuel.

Pretty interesting(:

Moving on, egg has calcium while the chicken has protein! I loooove egg, it's so good!!! I never knew egg contained calcium till I did some research..and now I know that the calcium in eggs can help me build strong bones and teeth :D Can't eat too much egg though..I'll break out in rashes): And chicken!!! I love chicken tooo..the one I had in school was really tasty and yummy! It was the kind with the dark soy sauce and it was skinless, which is healthy because sometimes the skin contains a lot of unhealthy fattttt (yuck) which is not good for our body! Chicken has protein, and protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Thus, I have to eat as much protein as I can! Right?

WRONG. Too much protein won't help you. We have to exercise too! Exercising helps us to burn off excess fats and keeps our body healthy!

Little tidbit: For older children, teen girls, active women, and most men, the guidelines give the nod to two daily servings for a total of six ounces. I better keep to this man. :D Healthy diet = Healthy body = Happy Me ;DD

1 comment:

  1. hey nicole! i think you are healthy and you a a variety of food which is good! but you should eat more vegetables and fruits:) also, eat more for recess ecause 3nuggets is not enough for 4h45min! anywy, you eat dinner at 7pm which is great! because its not too late:) (i eat late, at like 7.30-8.30pmD:)

    ReplyDelete